Commitment and clear, respectful communication is essential for a community to coordinate and maintain a viable OS. Here are the places we meet for discussion, development or just hanging out.
Internet Relay Chat
The most active communication channels live on IRC which is a realtime text chat system that has been around for more than 20 years. IRC has traditionally been the preferred gathering place for free software developers and the Devuan community is no exception. Devuan-related channels are found on the Libera IRC network:
- #devuan is the general help and discussion channel for Devuan users and is publicly archived.
- #devuan-dev is where developers gather.
- #devuan-arm is a channel specific to Devuan on embedded ARM systems.
- #devuan-offtopic is for general chat and more social interactions.
- Various Devuan teams gather in their own channels:
- Devuan Editors
- User groups maintain localized Devuan channels (#devuan-<lang>):
- Devuan was born on the DNG mail list after the Debian Fork was announced. DNG remains the primary mailing list for all things Devuan. Join us on DNG!
- Developers, please join us on the devuan-dev list .
- To receive official Devuan announcements, sign up for Announce.
The most recent addition to community gathering place options is the Dev1Galaxy Forum.
How You Can Help Devuan
Devuan is a large endeavor involving people of all ages, from different countries, with a rainbow of skills and interests. Anyone can contribute to ensure that Devuan maintains its role as a stable and reliable universal operating system. Feedback is essential for Devuan to grow and prosper. Here are some ways you can help.