How to Install Devuan
Devuan and Debian are related but there are subtle differences that could be troublesome. Please read the following to ensure that your transition to Devuan will be uneventful:
- Devuan Beowulf Release Notes detail important changes between the previous and current release.
- Devuan release information describes the relationship between the Debian and Devuan release cycles which are not always in sync.
- Devuan package repositories will help you set up your
Upgrade or Migrate to Beowulf
- Upgrade from Devuan ASCII
- Migrate from Debian Buster
- Migrate from Debian Stretch
- Migrate from Debian Jessie
Install Beowulf (with screenshots)
Install ASCII (with screenshots)
- dev1fanboy’s wiki offers additional installation instructions, tips that apply to all to all releases and translations as they become available.
Non-free firmware packages are available on all Beowulf install media. These packages will only be installed if required by your wifi adapter. To avoid the automatic installation and loading of needed non-free firmware, choose the Expert install option during the installation process.
The desktop-live and minimal-live images have non-free firmware packages pre-installed. These packages may be removed after boot using the
- You can now search the package repositories!
- If you can’t find a package, check the list of banned packages.
- If you think you’ve found a bug, first check that it is not an upstream Debian bug. If it is a Devuan bug please submit to Devuan’s bug tracking system.
- Devuan-specific and forked source code is available on Devuan’s Gitlab.