VUAs Lead Devuan Development
In November 2014, a large group of anonymous senior IT professionals known as the Veteran UNIX Admins (hence the VUA in Devuan) began developing Devuan.
A core group of three lead developers guided the project until October 2017.
- Franco “Nextime” Lanza (VUA) :: GPG key
- Denis “Jaromil” Roio (VUA) :: GPG key
- Daniel “Centurion” Reurich :: GPG key
Devuan developers past and present
Developers can be reached via email at email@example.com or on irc at freenode #devuan-dev as well as using the general contact options.
- Alberto Zuin (VUA) :: gitlab infrastructure, public relations
- Andreas Messer :: Debugged elogind policykit compatibilty, GPG key
- chillfan :: Minimalist documentalist
- Daniel “Centurion” Reurich :: infrastructure ninja. GPG key
- Denis “Jaromil” Roio (VUA) :: Fearless forker, swims upstream, GPG key
- Dima Krasner :: early desktop strategies to avoid entanglement
- Enzo “KatolaZ” Nicosia :: the last humble servant, GPG key
- Evilham :: monit master, next gen graybeard, GPG key
- Franco “Nextime” Lanza (VUA) :: core infrastructure, amprolla development
- fsmithred :: desktop live and packaging, GPG key
- Godefridus Daalmans :: early fixes of build scripts
- golinux :: plays with colors, shapes and words, GPG key
- Hellekin O’Wolf :: editor, webmaster and book sprinter
- Irrwahn :: Beta grinder, bug excavator, GPG key
- Ivan “Parazyd” J. :: Simple Distro Kit (SDK) and ARM builds, GPG key
- Jude Nelson :: vdev Linux integration
- LeePen :: init diversity advocate, *kit tamer, GPG key
- Linux O’Beardly :: build and mirroring infrastructure, hosting
- Lydia_K :: package quality analysis and restructuring, GPG key
- Michael “msi” Siegel :: Dedicated docster
- onefang :: Mirror herder, last gen greybeard, GPG key
- Patrick “blinkdog” Meade :: wiki editor, bot trainer, GPG key
- Plasma41 :: Repository trawler, knows stuff exists
- Ralph “rrq” Rönnquist :: seasoned old school wizard, GPG key
- Svante “gnu_srs” Signell :: package contributor, GPG key
Board of trustees
The Board of Trustees reflects the quality of the Devuan project. Should unresolvable issues arise, the Board may step in to mediate.
- Yvette Agostini (VUA) :: founder of the Veteran Unix Admins group
- Roger Leigh (Debian) :: maintainer of sysvinit package in Debian
- Gabriele “Asbesto” Zaverio (MusIF) :: director, “Museo dell’Informatica Funzionante” computer museum
- Emiliano Russo (MIAI) :: director, “Museo Interattivo di Archeologia Informatica” computer museum
- Stefania Calcagno (ESOCOP) :: president, European Society for Computer Preservation
Donors and enthusiasts
We would like to thank everyone who has cheered us on and donated money to facilitate the birth and growth of Devuan. We don’t know yet which donors would like to be public, so please contact us if you would like to be listed here: Paul Beardsell (donor)
And remember that you can be part of this list by contributing hardware, money or time donations.
From the first DNG community campfire we would like to thank all participants for their observations, criticism and peace keeping, in particular the most prolific: Steve Litt, Edward Bartolo, Rainer Weikusat, Hendrik Boom, aitor_czr, Didier Kryn, KatolaZ, T.J. Duchene, Isaac Dunham, Anto, Go Linux, Mitt Green, tilt!, Jamse Powell, Adam Borowski, Simon Hobson, dev1fanboy, fsmithred, Martijn Dekkers, Gravis, Nate Bargmann, Noel Torres, Laurent Bercot, karl, Nuno Magalhães, Svante Signell, Joel Roth, Florian Zieboll, shraptor, Miles Fidelman, Emiliano Marini, Clarke Sideroad, Gregory Nowak, Reanud Olgiati, Arnt Karlsen, Robert Storey, Enrico Weigelt, Boruch Baum, Joerg Reisenweber, Dave Turner, Arnt Gulbrandsen, Ста Деюс, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp, Richard, Jonathan Wilkes, David Hare, Dragan, Peter Olson, David Harrison, Irrwahn, Jack L. Frost, Ozi Traveller, Riccardo Boninsegna, Neo Futur, Haines Brown, Simon Wise, Matteo Panella, Marlon Nunes, Jaret Cantu, John Hughes, Aldemir Akpinar, Rob Owens, Martinx and Vlad.